OKLAHOMA CITY, OK---The Amateur Softball Association, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, seeks applicants for the position of Event Coordinator. This individual’s primary responsibility will be working events at Hall of Fame Softball Complex
Interested applicants should include a resume and a cover letter explaining why they wish to fill the position. Applicants will be screened and a select number will be invited to interview in Oklahoma City in early April. The successful candidate will be brought on board as soon as possible, but no later than May 1st.
Applications for the Event Coordinator position will be accepted until March 31, 2009.
Applications should be mailed to the following address:
ASA National Office
c/o Chris Sebren, Event Coordinator Position
2801 NE 50th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Primary Responsibility: Event Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assisting in the Management of stadium events at the Hall of Fame Complex. This includes working with outside entities that use the complex.
2. Supervise, schedule and train sound booth personnel including announcers, scorekeeper, and front gate personnel.
3. Responsible for securing event revenue received from gate and entry fees.
4. Coordinate stadium complex activities with Facility Manager and Complex Superintendent to insure adequate personnel are available to meet any scheduled events needs.
5. Responsible for security during stadium events. This includes stadium assets such as securing sound equipment, computers, locking doors after events and parking lot gates.
6. Writes recaps and other meaningful stories associated with the Complex events
7. Perform other related duties as assigned and ability to work nights and weekends.
Required or Desired Skills:
1. Computer skills and knowledge required.
2. College degree desired.
3. Event Management experience is desired.
4. Ability to be self starter as well as work in team environment to assist the Membership Services Department in providing quality customer service.
The pay range for this position is $25,000 – $32,000.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
< Back to previous page