OKLAHOMA CITY, OK---The Amateur Softball Association, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, seeks applicants for the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This individual’s primary responsibility will be the marketing, promotion, and execution of marketing and communication initiatives from the National Office.
Interested applicants should include a resume and a cover letter explaining why they wish to fill the position. Applicants will be screened and a select number will be invited to interview in Oklahoma City in April. The successful candidate will be brought on board as soon as possible, but no later than mid-May.
Applications for the Marketing and Communications Coordinator position will be accepted until April 15, 2009.
Applications should be mailed or emailed to the following address:
ASA National Office
c/o Julie Bartel, Marketing and Communications Coordinator Position
2801 NE 50th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Primary Responsibility: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist all Marketing and Communications functions for the ASA and USA Softball brands, including, websites, Balls and Strikes Magazine, public relations, design, advertising, sponsorship and social media.
2. Assist in sponsor development at both the local and national level.
3. Assist in development of USA Softball National team promotions and events.
4. Execute sponsor fulfillments and marketing programs.
5. Assist in maximizing revenue via advertising, sponsorship and online/retail merchandise sales.
6. Write press releases and other meaningful stories associated with the business of ASA Softball and USA Softball.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned and ability to travel and work weekends.
Required or Desired Skills:
1. Computer skills and knowledge required.
2. College degree desired.
3. Marketing and Communications experience is desired.
4. Ability to be self-starter as well as work in team environment to assist the Marketing and Communications Department in providing quality customer service.
The pay range for this position is $28,000 – $36,000.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Amateur Softball Association, founded in 1933, is the National Governing Body of softball in the United States and a member of the United States Olympic Committee. The ASA has become one of the nation’s largest sports organizations and now sanctions competition in every state through a network of 83 local associations. The ASA has grown from a few hundred teams in the early days to over 240,000 teams today, representing a membership of more than three million. For more information on the ASA, visit http://www.asasoftball.com/.
About USA Softball
USA Softball is the brand created, operated and owned by the ASA that links the USA Men’s, Women’s, Junior Boys’ and Junior Girls’ National Team programs together. USA Softball is responsible for training, equipping and promoting these four National Teams to compete in international and domestic competitions. The USA Softball Women’s National Team is one of the only two women’s sports involved in the Olympic movement to capture three consecutive gold medals at the Olympic Games since 1996. The U.S. women have also won eight World Championship titles including the last six consecutive as well as claimed two World Cup of Softball titles. For more information about USA Softball, please visit http://www.usasoftball.com/.
< Back to previous page