OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. --- The Amateur Softball Association (ASA) of America, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, is seeking applicants for the position of Register ASA/Event Coordinator. This individual’s primary responsibility will be working with the ASA’s Register ASA online registration process and events at the ASA Hall of Fame Complex.
Interested applicants should include a resume and a cover letter explaining why they wish to fill the position. Applicants will be screened and a select number will be invited to interview either via phone or in person in Oklahoma City. The successful candidate will be brought on board as soon as possible but no later than May 25th.
Applications for the Register ASA/Event Coordinator position will be accepted until April 27, 2012.
Applications should be mailed to the following address:
ASA National Office
c/o Chris Sebren, Register ASA/Event Coordinator Position
2801 NE 50th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Primary Responsibility: Register ASA/Event Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to but include):
• Providing phone and email support to Local ASA Associations covering the registration process for individuals, teams, umpires, and background check certifications
• Management of stadium events at the ASA Hall of Fame Complex. This includes working with outside entities that use the complex
• Supervise, schedule and train sound booth personnel including announcers, scorekeeper, and front gate personnel
• Coordinate stadium complex activities with Facility Maintenance and Turf Manager to insure adequate personnel are available to meet any scheduled events needs
• Work with Turf Manager on making decisions about events regarding weather. Assist Turf Manager with the operation of covering the fields with tarps
Required or Desired Skills:
• Bachelor Degree desired
• Strong customer service skills
• Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to be self starter as well as work in team environment to assist the Membership Services Department in providing quality customer service
• Event Management experience desired
The pay range for this position is $30,000 – $40,000.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Amateur Softball Association, founded in 1933, is the National Governing Body of softball in the United States and a member of the United States Olympic Committee. The ASA has become one of the nation’s largest sports organizations and now sanctions competition in every state through a network of 76 local associations. The ASA has grown from a few hundred teams in the early days to over 210,000 teams today, representing a membership of more than three million. For more information on the ASA, visit http://www.asasoftball.com/.
< Back to previous page