OKLAHOMA CITY – The Amateur Softball Association (ASA) of America, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, and USA Softball is now seeking applicants for four internship positions as an Event Management Interns. The Event Management Interns will be responsible for assisting the Membership Department in all matters relating to ASA/USA Softball events. The focus will be on the NCAA Women’s College World Series (WCWS), the ASA/USA Softball Junior Olympic (JO) Hall of Fame Tournaments, and all other events as assigned.
The position of Event Management Intern reports to the Assistant Director of Membership and requires a 40-hour work week, with several weekends. The positions will begin in May and end in August. Interested applicants should send a resume, a cover letter explaining why they wish to fill the position and two letters of recommendation. Applicants will be accepted until March 15, after which they will be screened and a select number will be interviewed. The Event Management Interns positions will be based in Oklahoma City.
Applications should be mailed or emailed to the following address:
ASA National Office
c/o Chris Sebren, ASA/USA Softball Assistant Director of Membership
Event Management Intern Position
2801 NE 50th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to but include):
• NCAA WCWS - assist with all on-site aspects of the event, including facility management and game day operations
• Coordinate ASA/USA Softball Hall of Fame Junior Olympic Tournaments
1. Responsible for working directly with ASA Event Coordinator to secure the 26 participating teams in each tournament
2. Work directly with the teams prior to and during the tournaments
3. Responsible for the tournament brackets and tournament administration
4. Must work the five weekends of the JO Hall of Fame Tournaments (June-July 2013)
• Assist with all aspects of tournament reporting for ASA National Championship events
• Other duties as assigned during internship
Required or Desired Skills:
• Event Management experience desired
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Strong customer service skills
• Knowledge/experience of ASA/USA Softball
• Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to be self starter as well as work in team environment to assist the Membership Services Department in providing quality customer service
ASA/USA Softball internships are paid positions. Positions do not include any benefits (i.e. medical/dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, etc…)
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Amateur Softball Association, founded in 1933, is the National Governing Body of softball in the United States and a member of the United States Olympic Committee. The ASA has become one of the nation’s largest sports organizations and now sanctions competition in every state through a network of 76 local associations. The ASA has grown from a few hundred teams in the early days to over 210,000 teams today, representing a membership of more than three million. For more information on the ASA, visit http://www.asasoftball.com/.
About USA Softball
USA Softball is the brand created, operated and owned by the ASA that links the USA Men’s, Women’s, Junior Boys’ and Junior Girls’ National Team programs together. USA Softball is responsible for training, equipping and promoting these four National Teams to compete in international and domestic competitions. The USA Softball Women’s National Team is one of the only two women’s sports involved in the Olympic movement to capture three consecutive gold medals at the Olympic Games since 1996. The U.S. women have also won nine World Championship titles including the last seven consecutive as well as claimed six World Cup of Softball titles. For more information about USA Softball, please visit http://www.usasoftball.com/.
< Back to previous page